Associate Director, Global Outsourcing
Are you passionate about organzing, supporting and creating structure?
Do you have experience within driving strategic vendor selection, contracting and negotiation from the pharmaceutical or biotech industry?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new Associate Director, Global Outsourcing.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States. We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with an independent pipeline of long-acting prodrug therapies that address unmet patient needs.
As our new Associate Director in Global Outsourcing you will be joining Global Trial Strategy & Support that consists of different support groups that all share the same passion for providing excellent support to our colleagues in Clinical Operations.
The department is characterized by its collaboration, service driven mindset and ability to find solutions to get the job done.
You will report directly to Annette Derouin, Senior Director, Global Trial Strategy & Support who is based in Hellerup, Denmark.
You will be responsible for:
- Working cross functionally with functional service owner areas such as Clinical Operations, Data Management, Biostatistics, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs as well as Finance and Legal to define and review vendor contract proposals and budgets.
- Driving the vendor selection process incl. development of RFPs.
- Drafting and finalizing work orders and change orders according to the defined scope of work.
- Working with Legal and Finance to review, amend and negotiate Master Service agreements with vendors for Ascendis development programs.
- Assisting in monitoring vendor performance and contributing with information to Vendor Governance Planning and Meetings.
- Establishing strategy and process for preferred vendors.
- Ensuring that the clinical outsourcing process is in compliance with global regulations and guidelines and internal procedures.
- Initiating, cultivating, and maintaining strong relationships with vendors.
You hold a relevant academic degree – preferably a Master’s degree in Business or Life sciences– and at least 10 years of relevant experience within individually or a combination of clinical outsourcing, R&D sourcing or procurement, and/or clinical operations.
Furthermore, you have:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with peers and management
- Influencing and negotiation skills with vendors
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to stay abreast of changing priorities and manage accordingly
Also, you are proficient in English at a professional level, both written and spoken.
As a person, you are a strong team player, proactive in nature and have a can-do attitude.
As we are taking new steps towards developing best-in-class therapeutics for patients with rare diseases we are looking for people who possess an entrepreneurial mindset who can handle ambiguity, create structure, and knows how to balance between detail and progress to deliver within timelines. Furthermore, you desire to be part of an organization where everything isn’t set in stone. We rely on you to help us shape the cement.
The person we are looking for thrives in a dynamic environment, short lines of communication and an open and informal working atmosphere.
Travel: 10-20 days per year.
Place of work: Ascendis Pharma headquarter resides in a modern and wonderful office facility in Tuborg Havn in Hellerup with a view of the harbor, the canals, and the sea.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Annette Derouin, Senior Director, Global Trial Strategy & Support on email@example.com or visit our website www.ascendispharma.com for more information.
All applicants must submit their CV/resume (no cover letter) in English. You application will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Something looks off?