Senior Director, Channel Strategy - Job ID 1122
The Senior Director, Channel Strategy is responsible for the management and execution of Ascendis’ distribution and channel strategy for all marketed and pipeline products. The Senior Director will be responsible for implementing and managing all contracts with the 3PL, Wholesalers, Specialty Distributors, Specialty Pharmacies, Retail Chains, and other channels as needed. He/she will collaborate with Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, and others as necessary. This individual will help drive recognition and understanding of the changing healthcare landscape. Must possess a strong understanding of contract law and healthcare compliance and strong business acumen. This role will manage 3 direct reports supporting customer contracting and negotiations and trade operations including contract administration, analytics, and reporting.
Primary responsibilities include 3PL management, return management, PAP stocking, wholesaler ordering, inventory management, distributor communication and channel analysis and reporting.
- Lead the strategy development and implementation of Ascendis’ distribution operations for all marketed and pipeline products.
- Lead and manage channel engagement with all stakeholders associated with 3PL, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, Office/IDN Dispensing Pharmacies, Retail and Federal Markets.
- Development of a comprehensive channel strategy and tactical plan to maximize the value of the Ascendis product portfolio.
- Manage Order to Delivery cycle activities to ensure contractual requirements are met and financial implications are communicated (i.e. inventory levels, data delivery, and service levels).
- Lead multiple aspects of relationships with network channel partners including any future contract amendments that may be needed.
- Direct channel improvements that increase service levels to customers and patients and minimize costs.
- Hold channel partners accountable to service level standards while nurturing strong relationships.
- Assist with the development of performance tracking system and other tools to track engagement and performance metrics.
- Perform trade data reporting requirements in conjunction with commercial analytics and finance to perform assessments in trade and network performance.
- Prepare and conduct quarterly business reviews with trade partners.
- Work closely with Supply chain by acting as a liaison with internal functions CMC, Operations, Regulatory, Legal and Marketing.
- Lead State Licensing initiatives to ensure Ascendis is credentialed and licensed in all required states.
- Budget and vendor management to ensure timely and fiscally responsible project execution.
- Support and provide commercial input into CMC Supply chain strategy and planning.
- Manage ordering patterns and shipping changes due to holidays, end of quarter and end of year; monitor policy updates; optimize allocation of inventory to appropriate inventory levels across the wholesale channel.
- Manage the return process, review RAs, minimize over crediting and track return credits.
- Forecast and manage wholesaler/distributor inventory levels to meet product demand while minimizing returns and meeting company goals.
- Reduce the risk of product disruptions by working closely with Sales and Account teams and account buyers to ensure adequate supply at forward DC's and distributors to avoid distribution operational issues.
- Work closely with Pricing and Contracting and Finance to manage price increases, including wholesaler notifications and ensure that subsequent purchase orders are appropriate.
- In collaboration with Marketing and Pricing and Contracting, develop and implement trade marketing programs including development of Trade deal sheets and other launch and promotional material.
- Leverage wholesaler and retail pharmacy manufacturer services and marketing programs to increase reach and frequency with hospital, pharmacy, and health care professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or graduate level degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the US pharmaceutical industry with an emphasis in finance or strategic/product functions with experience in pricing or contracting; experience in contract negotiation and account management desirable. Ability to lead others collaboratively including account management, marketing, strategic planning, legal, finance, HCC and other key stakeholders.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives.
- Ability to apply appropriate interpersonal styles and communications methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners) typically senior management.
- Analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data and incorporates understanding into decision criteria.
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, as well as able to analyze and act on threats and business opportunities.
- Provides consistent communications (both positive and negative information delivery) and is proactive and timely in the conveyance of this information.
- Uses appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives.
- Creative / innovative thinker with an understanding of legal / regulatory environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues and synthesize data to provide strategic direction.
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally.
- New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.
- Salary range: $275-300K/year
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
Something looks off?