Key Account Manager (f/m/d) Niedersachsen (Süd), NRW (Nord/Mitte)
Ascendis Pharma is looking to hire a passionate Key Account Manager for the Business Regions Niedersachsen (Süd) and Nordrhein-Westfalen (Nord/Mitte). This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative company.
- The Key Account Manager (KAM) is Ascendis´ face to our customers, responsible to create and/or maintain substantial business contacts to key HCPs and nurses in endocrinology/rare diseases
- Key customers to be contacted are located in Hospitals and office-based settings
- This role will collaborate with other internal functions like Marketing, Market Access and Medical to present and deliver information about Ascendis as a company, it´s groundbreaking technology “TransCon” and future products in endocrinology to key customers and related caregivers
- The role requires hands-on mentality and offers opportunities to actively shape structures and develop ways-of-working within the Sales team
- Develop and maintain business relationships with defined key customers based upon current and anticipated customer needs
- Positioning of TransCon technology and future brands appropriately across the defined target group(s)
- Regularly review and report account-/customer and territory performance and competitor´s landscape to help identify opportunities and support shaping strategies and future activities
- Build and maintain stakeholder networks and relationships internally and externally to drive the business
- Place customers at the center of what you do in addressing needs and finding appropriate solutions
- Foster team effectiveness by sharing knowledge, experience, and insights
- Internal: Marketing, Market Access, Medical
- External: Endocrinologists and related caregivers across the patient journey (e.g., nurses, pharmacists); Key influential HCPs within defined territory
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years' experience in a relevant role in the pharmaceutical industry with launch and/or Endocrinology/Oncology experience. Proven ability to effectively communicate scientific data to healthcare professionals, taking customer needs into account whilst being passioned about impacting patients' lives. Proven ability to build peer-to-peer relationships with key customers. Furthermore:
- Sound business acumen, selling ability and a solid track record in successfully managing relationships with key customers in a specialty/rare disease environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn about new indications and environments
- Solid credentials in account development moving relevant customers through adoption ladder
- Excellent communication, selling and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable drive for high performance and results
- Deep understanding of competitors and their strategies
- Omnichannel mindset and digital capabilities
- Deep insight into the German Healthcare system and hospital environment
- Ability to plan strategically and work effectively
- Ability to analyze, develop and execute business plans
- Independent use of I-detailing on an iPad and CRM territory management systems
- Willingness to travel with overnight stays, intermittently working in evening hours according customers’ needs.
Unique Ascendis DNA: Flat hierarchies, short lines of communication and a dynamic, open and informal working atmosphere. Tremendous opportunity to make an impact. Great team and corporate events.
Remuneration package: You can expect an attractive base salary, a sponsored pension scheme (bAV), we will pay for your internet, and we offer exciting short- and long-term incentives.
Onboarding: Structured, well-proven onboarding program to give you a clear picture of your responsibilities and the company you will be working for.
Training: Tailor-made training and development opportunities embedded in a well-resourced training budget.
Transport connections: Direct connection to tram station, parking lots for cars and bikes.
Mobility: You decide whether you want to use public transport with a discount or lease a JobBike.
Food & more: Soft drinks, fresh fruit, a wide variety of snacks and a free lunch every day, no strings attached.
State of the art: Your new workplace is waiting for you, including an iPhone and a brand-new laptop.