US Market Access Counsel - Job ID: 1107
This position reports to the US General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. As a key member of the US Legal Team, the individual must have the appropriate level of business and compliance experience, as well as sound judgment to advise the business on complex legal issues and processes. The individual must have prior experience with establishing relations to US payers and pricing matters and will be expected to support our US Commercial organization in the efforts to commercialize our pipeline products in the US. The Legal Counsel must be able to work independently, successfully, and collaboratively in a matrix environment.
This position will provide legal support for the US Market Access function in the United States including Value & Access, Account Management, Value Creation & Capture, and Market Access Operations clients. This position serves as legal business partner to the US Market Access Team, providing pragmatic, solutions-oriented, proactive counseling in the development and execution of commercial strategies for selling of pharmaceutical products.
• Advise market access clients on discount, rebate/price concession strategies, government pricing, copay/patient assistance programs, policy development, risk mitigation, and interactions with customers.
• Draft, negotiate and review market access related agreements, including: PBM agreements, GPO agreements, Specialty Pharmacy agreements, wholesaler agreements, discount and rebate agreements, distribution agreements, market research agreements, vendor agreements, and service agreements.
• Advise on promotional materials for Market Access audience.
• Collaborate with other Legal and Compliance colleagues to provide legal support to the organization.
• Develop and conduct training for internal teams on market access-relevant topics.
• Ensure that client operations comply with applicable laws and company policies, including Anti-kickback Statute and other US healthcare compliance laws and regulations.
• Analyze market access initiatives, advisory board proposals, patient support services, and market access field-based activities for fraud and abuse, FDA, and other regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that clients are kept abreast of all relevant legal developments in their areas of business by providing training and periodic updates.
- Experience working in a matrix, international environment
- Comfortable engaging in proactive counseling and thoughtful risk-taking
- Ability to be decisive
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios to identify and evaluate risk
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Sound judgment and commitment to ethical conduct
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Team player who can develop strong relationships with clients and cross
- Proven ability/interest in working across a broad range of subject matter areas
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, reliable, responsive, and accountable
- Ability to meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure
- Ability to manage outside counsel and budget effectively and efficiently
- New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law
- Salary range: $230-260K/year
Education and Experience:
• JD or LLM degree from a nationally recognized law school
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Prior experience as a member of an in-house legal department at a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company strongly preferred
Admitted to the Bar of at least one state and eligible for admission to the New York or New Jersey Bar as in-house counsel
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance