Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology- Job ID: 873JM
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2022
The successful candidate will be the clinical lead for TransCon TLR7/8 Agonist and/or TransCon IL-2bg, providing critical input for protocol development along with medical monitoring, regulatory interactions, safety assessments, and engagement with key opinion leaders and investigators. The position will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Develops and executes protocols in the TransCon TLR7/8 Agonist and/or TransCon IL-2bg program
- Engages effectively with key opinion leaders and investigators in Advisory Boards or clinical studies
- Actively participates in study/site start-up activities along with Medical Monitoring and data cleaning, aside from providing general clinical support to the study team(s) in site trainings and engagements
- Efficiently collaborates with global cross-functional team members
- Collaborates with study team(s) to generate meaningful data outputs and interpretations of data
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on emerging treatment landscape in oncology and provides updates to clinical development plan of the oncology programs as necessary
- Mentors more junior medical directors and clinical scientists across the oncology clinical development team and delegates as appropriate
- Contributes to cross-functional initiatives within Oncology or clinical development initiatives in the company
- MD or MD/PhD, specialty in oncology/hematology
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in oncology clinical development
- Clinical oncology experience in academic or community setting and experience in immunotherapy preferred.
- Experience with head and neck cancers preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally
- New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.
- Salary range: $240-280K/year
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
See more open positions at Ascendis Pharma
Something looks off?