Analyst Intern (Epidemiology)
The Analyst Internship Program at Aetion is a summer internship program for rising/graduating senior bachelor's degree candidates that provides unique exposure to working at a startup in the health technology space through full-time immersion on our Science Team. This is a 10-week internship starting in June 2024 in New York City at our main Penn Plaza office and provides the opportunity to work alongside other interns and our experienced Analysts, Scientists, Directors, and VPs on numerous client-facing scientific studies.
- Perform literature reviews in various disease areas and public health domains to support protocol writing and to contextualize data analysis results.
- Work with Aetion team members to implement detailed study protocols for real-world epidemiological studies across disease areas, using the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP) and healthcare claims/electronic health record data.
- Learn about the client relationship by supporting client-facing work through preparing material for presentations/study team meetings.
- Prepare and present a case study on an interesting project you worked on throughout the internship to the Aetion Science team.
- Meet weekly with other members of the Aetion Science team, senior leadership, and other teams to learn more about working at a start-up in the health technology space.
- Able to commit to a hybrid working model with 3 days (Tuesday-Thursday) onsite at our NYC office.
- Must be a rising senior or graduating senior.
- Able to commit to 40 hours/week for the duration of the internship (10 weeks).
- One research experience during undergraduate career (lab work, clinical research, etc.).
- Biostatistics, epidemiology, or other public health related coursework.
- Data analysis experience (do NOT have to be proficient in any programming language).
- Strong critical thinking skills, communication, and attention-to-detail.
- A keen interest in working in the public health or real-world evidence field post-gradiation.
- Paid position at $20/hr.
- Free lunch in the NYC Office and access to snacks and coffee.
- Social intern events hosted by Aetion.
- Hybrid working schedule (Mondays and Fridays at home!).
- Shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities with experienced Aetion scientists.
- Final presentation to showcase your contributions and build your portfolio.
- Opportunity to apply for full-time Scientific Analyst openings at the end of your internship.
About the Company
Aetion is a healthcare analytics company that delivers real-world evidence for the manufacturers, purchasers, and regulators of medical treatments and technologies. The Aetion Evidence Platform® analyzes data from the real world to produce transparent, rapid, and scientifically validated answers on safety, effectiveness, and value. Founded by Harvard Medical School faculty members with decades of experience in epidemiology and health outcomes research, Aetion informs healthcare’s most critical decisions—what works best, for whom, and when—to guide product development, commercialization, and payment innovation.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.