WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Relocation stipend
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company with a rapidly growing customer base, Aetion is looking for experienced epidemiologists to strengthen our Science team in powering critical decisions in health care.
As a Scientist you will help Aetion and our clients deliver results through the use of Aetion’s Substantiate application. You will contribute to scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others) that assess the safety, effectiveness, and value of medical technologies.
- Work with client scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific through the Substantiate application
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of the Substantiate application and measurement system, and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or demonstrations
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, outcomes, and measures in the Aetion Measure Library (an extensive library of measurements addressing key clinical conditions) and other deployable scientific components
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation, and other learning materials, in text and video form
- Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system
- Actively collect customer feedback and ensure that feedback is shared with internal colleagues
- MPH, MS in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health economics or a related quantitative field. Or a BS in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a quantitative area within a healthcare related field
- Experience conducting analytics with secondary data sources
- Demonstrated ability working with data structures, coding schemes, and data sources
- Working knowledge of study design and analytic methods, and/or working knowledge of research methodology and statistical methods
- Ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing. Client facing experience is a plus.
- Experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) to customer sites or other Aetion facilities or scientific conferences
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and successfully work with internal staff and external partners
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.