Senior Full Stack Engineer
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacations days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on our Platform Engineering team you will be responsible for creating modular, scalable and efficient client web applications. In this role you will contribute to all parts of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. Successful candidates will collaborate effectively with team members and work seamlessly across functions. This is an exciting opportunity to support Aetion’s mission by helping expand the use of Aetion’s applications.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Develop highly performant and scalable components able to handle large amounts of data
- Assess where we need to build custom UI components versus externally available libraries
- Collaborate closely with our product, design and science teams to understand the needs of our clients
- 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack or front end developer, along with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep expertise working with a client facing web stack (ideally React)
- In-depth knowledge of RESTful API design
- Have product sense to drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity
- Experience with Java or similar object-oriented programming language
- High proficiency with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or similar
- Experience working with distributed, service oriented systems
- Experience in performance optimization
- Agile Methodology experience including extreme programming (XP) practices, such as pair programming and TDD/BDD
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.