Senior Scientist (EU)
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
As a Senior Scientist you will help Aetion and our customers deliver results through use of our Substantiate platform. You will apply epidemiological methods to deliver scientific studies (descriptive, comparative, effectiveness, adherence and others) using RWE to help our customers create impactful evidence.
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using Substantiate
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of Substantiate and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars
- Teach and mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, outcomes, and measures in the Aetion Measure Library (an extensive library of measurements addressing key clinical conditions) and other deployable scientific components
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation, and other learning materials, in text and video form
- Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system
- Actively collect customer feedback and ensure that feedback is shared with internal colleagues
- Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting.
- Travel may be required (25% or more).
- MPH, MS in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health economics or a related quantitative field (e.g. applied mathematics) and 2+ years of experience in a quantitative area within a healthcare or medical products organization.
- Or a BS in a related field with a minimum of 4+ years of experience in a quantitative area within a healthcare or medical products organization
- Experience conducting analytics with secondary data sources
- Demonstrated ability working with data structures, coding schemes, and data sources
- Working knowledge of study design and analytic methods, and/or working knowledge of research methodology and statistical methods
- Ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing. Client facing experience is a plus.
- Experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) to customer sites or other Aetion facilities or scientific conferences
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and successfully work with internal staff and external partners
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.