WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Accounting oversees the entirety of the Accounting function, including accounts payable, accounts receivable (invoicing and collections), revenue recognition, audit, cash management, financial reporting, etc. This person will work closely with and manage the Controller to ensure the proper implementation of appropriate financial controls in compliance with accepted accounting processes and legal requirements.
The duties include, but are not limited to…
- Oversee the activities, efficiency, development and retention of the accounting team
- Validate all financial controls and procedures within the business, ensuring the adequate maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance, accounting, and tax in order to maintain suitable internal controls that lead to complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting
- Manage audits of the business by working closely with external auditing firms at all stages for the purpose of guaranteeing accuracy in reporting. Act as the primary liaison for external auditors during operational and financial audits
- Evaluate current policies and practices within the financial department and strive to drive continuous improvement, research, and analyses in all accounting matters
- Establish and implement accounting procedures and policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the state laws of the business’s jurisdiction
- Manage timely and accurate financial reporting across monthly, quarterly and annual reporting periods with particular focus on accurate, detailed revenue recognition treatment
- Analyze, recommend, and implement necessary improvements across the finance landscape of the business in order to ensure integrity
- Review financial issues that directly impact the business’s financials including the business’s expenses that have to be reimbursed to the business and all deductible and non-deductible tax items
- Analyze the financial impact of major business operational issues and decisions affecting the business and delivering timely reports as requested
- Perform and direct treasury functions within the business specifically including short term liquidity and cash management. Supervise the business’s process in order to select weekly/monthly/quarterly payments in accordance to the financial obligations and liquidity levels of the business. Maintain and timely report on all lender compliance requirements
- Oversee financial operations, including ensuring efficient, timely and accurate invoicing and collections, as well as vendor and accounts payable management
- Coordinate periodic closing process and prepare supporting schedules and work papers for the periodical financial review and financial audits
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA
- Public accounting experience (Big Four or large Regional firm)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (Master’s preferred)
- 15+ years of experience within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven and successful experience in progressive management and financial/accounting analysis experience in a managerial position.
- Experience in software and tech enabled services businesses, with particular expertise in ASC 606 accounting rules
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Ms Excel, Ms Office, Ms Outlook, and PowerPoint skills, necessary for the creation of engaging and easy-to-understand financial documentation, reports, and recommendation for senior finance management and leadership
- High familiarity with the use of financial software, ideally including NetSuite, and Adaptive Insights, as well as familiarity with Salesforce
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Something looks off?