Analyst (Data Integration)
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
As a science and data driven health care analytics company, Aetion is looking for data specialists to join our growing Data Integration team. The specialist will be an active individual contributor in data projects and will engage with and support activities internally involving review of data sources, connection of data to the Aetion platform, improvement of data-related processes, and contribution of expertise around data and specific research databases. The ideal candidate will work individually and as part of cross-functional teams in a stimulating environment founded and led by scientific and industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development and growth. The Analyst may have additional responsibilities in process development and mentoring.
- Develop an understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform, Aetion’s measurement system and approach to modeling research data, and the process of connecting data to the platform, with regular support and input from senior team members.
- Develop and provide health care data expertise to internal Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various health care databases.
- Explore and transform data consistent with existing data models for platform integration. Validate database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Transfer knowledge and understanding of data and the platform to teammates through 1:1 discussions, documentation development and written communications, and delivery of training sessions and presentations.
- Develop, with support from senior team members, innovative solutions and approaches and apply them in specification documents and code.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets such as material on data sources, process documentation, and training curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in sciences, social sciences, or a related analytic field.
- A minimum of one year experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- A minimum of one year experience using SQL programming for manipulation and processing of relational databases.
- Experience with cross-functional teams a plus.
- Experience with R, Python and/or other statistical software and programming languages.
- Strong understanding of relational data, data aggregation methods, and use of health care data for medical research; ability to communicate and document related logic in various forms, including visualization, user guides, data dictionaries, and training material.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form.
- Eager to “get things right.”
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Something looks off?