Senior Product Designer
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
Aetion is looking for highly motivated Senior Product Designers to design useful, usable, and desirable products. This is a hands-on designer role, where you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes product managers, engineers, scientists, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique, meaningful, and innovative healthcare data analytics products. The Product Designer focuses on discovery, ideation, interaction design, prototyping, and delivery of final designs.
The following duties include, but are not limited to...
- Conduct brainstorming or whiteboarding sessions with different stakeholders
- Conduct assessment methods to measure the user experience from early designs to mature products.
- Lead the creation of user flow, journey map, service blueprints, and other artifacts that help clarify the problem and solution.
- Design and prototype information architecture (IA) solutions
- Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution, which reflects a balance among efficiency, ease of use, user satisfaction, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Add to culture and Help create the team we all want to be on
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a product designer
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Human Factors, User Experience Design, HCI, Information Science, or related discipline
- Strong skills in 2 of 3: interaction design, visual design, user research
- Proficiency with standard wireframing and prototyping tools (Figma, Axure, etc.)
- Extensive experience in user-centered design both from a customer and user perspective
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and, problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload
- Online or PDF portfolio
- Experience in full lifecycle product design (from discovery to delivery)
- Knowledge of the pharma and life sciences industry
- Experience in creating high-fidelity mockups using the design system
- Fundamental understanding of user research and usability testing method
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Something looks off?