Principal Machine Learning Architect / Engineer + Data Scientist
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and effectiveness research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
Why join Aetion’s tech team?
- You’ll join and collaborate with our global team and engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision
- The team works on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop your career, including coaching and mentoring colleagues (code reviews, higher-level software design) and / or direct management
- Looking for more insight into our culture? Check out our LinkedIn Life page here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aetion-inc-/life/lifeataetion
Our Principal Machine Learning Architect / Engineer + Data Scientist is a critical leader of defining, implementing, and integrating innovative, robust, and reusable ML pipelines into the Aetion technology platform.
As a first-of-a-kind European role in our organization, the Principal Machine Learning Architect / Engineer + Data Scientist will have a combined role of subject matter expert, individual contributor, and evangelist, with the opportunity to work with our executive team to help grow our capabilities over the next 18 months.
Defining the problem, designing a solution, collecting input, and executing to achieve results is crucial. The successful candidate is expected to lead and contribute to all parts of the software development lifecycle, including architecture, design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
As a member of a rapidly expanding organization, the Principal Machine Learning Architect / Engineer + Data Scientist will need to be able to cross functions easily and collaborate with other highly effective individuals, including members of the C-suite.
This is a challenging engineering role that offers a great opportunity to grow with Aetion and make a difference by helping expand the use of Aetion's products.
- Work alongside engineering, science, and product to identify and solve high-value machine learning use-cases.
- Use a variety of machine learning methods to solve healthcare-related problems using cloud-based technologies.
- Design and implement robust, re-usable data/ML pipelines using open-source technology such as Python, Spark, and R. Drive the validation and transparency of these ML models.
- Evangelize new ML tools and their benefits with both our internal and client-facing teams; engage with our clients to understand their needs, and how Aetion’s ML tools can meet these needs.
- Research topics in machine learning and statistics to stay up-to-date on emerging trends in the field.
- A BSc/MSc/PhD degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related STEM field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Highly analytical, problem-solving mindset with a demonstrated ability for conducting statistical and machine learning research (in the form of a thesis, publications, or side projects) and independently solving ill-defined problems on data from heterogeneous sources.
- Expert in Python and/or R programming for full data science lifecycle (ETL / database connection, data exploration and visualization, cleaning/pre-processing, feature engineering, classification and regression, model evaluation, deployment / monitoring). Example of libraries: Tensorflow/Keras, Pytorch / Scikit-learn.
- Proven ability to partner with product teams to define workflows that meet client needs.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, in fluent English, with ability to explain complex analyses to a variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple competing / changing priorities.
- Experience working with large, complex medical / healthcare data (e.g., insurance claims, EHR, CDISC)
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git)
- Experience with big data workloads (e.g., Spark, Databricks)
- Experience working within cloud-centric systems (AWS)
- Experience working with containerized compute (e.g., Docker)
- Experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Experience in the healthcare industry
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or genetic information.
Something looks off?