Associate Director, Science (Epidemiologist)
**This role is located in Barcelona, Spain with a hybrid working model (in-office 2-3 day/week and work-from-home 2-3days/week)**
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Parity.org’s 2021 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Relocation support within Europe (small stipend and help with administrative services)
- 25 vacations days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
As an Associate Director on Aetion’s Scientific Engagement team you will lead customer engagements and deliver study results using our Aetion Evidence Platform. With your study team you will design and implement real-world evidence studies using rigorous epidemiologic research methods and data analytic techniques to generate decision-grade evidence for life sciences companies, payers, and at-risk providers.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a science lead to customers to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results by providing expert scientific consulting and guidance on the use of pharmacoepidemiologic, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational RWE studies.
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific research studies and scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of the AEP and measurement system, and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars
- Contributes to solution development and/or other cross-functional collaboration within Aetion
- Maintains strong current knowledge base in pharmacoepidemiology, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational RWE studies
- Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting
- PhD or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or health economics
- 4+ years of related analytical professional experience with research methods for epidemiological studies (i.e. prospective cohort study, case control study, confounding control, propensity score methods, multivariate regression).
- Experience client facing and engaging with customers (in-person, on the phone and in writing) or demonstrated experience in external facing roles.
- Working knowledge of health care datasets including medical and pharmacy claims, EMR/EHR, genomics, registry data or demonstrated experience and facility with other health care data sets.
- Ability to communicate and present scientific principles, study findings, and real-world-evidence strategy recommendations to relevant internal and external audiences effectively
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.