Associate Scientist / Scientist, Protein Sciences
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and adaptors (CAds), to enhance selective tumor targeting and facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.adicetbio.com.
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST/SCIENTIST, PROTEIN SCIENCES
We are seeking an enthusiastic protein scientist with a strong passion for working at the bench, problem solving, and mentoring junior scientists. The candidate will work on a small team that is responsible for recombinant expression, purification, conjugation, and characterization of diverse proteins to support a wide range of projects in our pipeline. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of antibody structure and function and significant previous hands-on experience designing and optimizing protein expression and purification strategies for challenging antibodies or antibody fragments. They will work on diverse program teams and represent the protein sciences group as a subject matter expert. They should be highly organized, timeline-driven, and able to execute and drive projects to completion with minimal or no oversight. The ideal candidate will also have a strong desire and willingness to learn from scientists in other functional areas and/or expand their own knowledge in protein sciences.
- Work alongside other team members in protein sciences to express, purify, and characterize diverse proteins ranging from antigens to engineered antibody-like molecules that meet project goals and timelines.
- Train and serve as a mentor at the bench for other scientists on the team.
- Lead efforts to improve notebook templates, write SOPs, and develop training documents.
- Lead multiple efforts to design or develop new assays or methods within the team and/or to improve or optimize current methods.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in protein sciences in broader project-focused or group-focused team meetings.
- Communicate regularly with cross-functional teams across Adicet on deliverables, timelines, and progress.
- Maintain and keep records of all data and studies according to existing templates.
- Oversee all activities related to recombinant protein expression in the group, including maintenance of Expi293 and ExpiCHO expression lines and optimization and execution of recombinant protein expression.
- Responsible for maintenance, training, and documentation for a handful of critical instruments in protein sciences.
- Work with team members to maintain lab equipment and shared lab space.
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical biology with at least 3-5 years of experience in an industry setting. MS preferred but not required. Title will be dependent on experience.
- Strong desire to work at the bench in a fast-paced and highly collaborative research environment.
- Demonstrates a “can-do” attitude, can step up when necessary to assist other lab members without asking, willingness to help and improve lab environment for team members.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prior experience serving as an SME on cross-functional teams and/or writing SOPS a plus.
- Highly proficient in powerpoint, word, outlook, and excel. Previous experience in Prism and/or Benchling a bonus, but not a requirement.
- Candidate must be highly organized and detailed oriented and able to juggle competing projects and timelines.
- Candidate must have extensive experience maintaining cell lines and have prior experience working in a BSC. Bonus if the candidate has previously used Expi293 and ExpiCHO cell lines for recombinant protein expression and/or has experience optimizing recombinant expression of proteins.
- Significant prior experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex analytical equipment, such as HPLC, MALS, ViCell, AKTA Pure, Endosafe
- Hands-on experience determining protein concentration using multiple methods, such as A280 and/or Bradford assays.
- Deep understanding of antibody structure and its correlation to function.
- Must have prior hands-on experience purifying antibodies and antibody fragments (e.g. minibody, diabody, IgG-scFv, scFv-Fc) using a variety of affinity resins (Protein A, Protein G, and Protein L).
- Previous experience successfully developing methods to express and purify challenging proteins.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of HIC, IEX, and SEC methods. Bonus if previous experience includes deep knowledge of different resins for each purification strategy and/or hands-on experience with all strategies.
- Must be extremely comfortable developing methods, analyzing data, and optimizing purifications on AKTA systems (bonus if prior experience includes AKTA Pure).
- Prior hands-on experience performing conjugating antibodies to fluorophores or other small molecules.
- Bonus if prior experience includes conjugation using diverse chemistries (e.g. non-specific amine based labeling and site-specific labeling methods).
- Must be proficient with operating and troubleshooting HPLC systems (bonus if candidate has previous direct experience with Agilent systems and ChemStation software).
- Prior experience with other functional assays a bonus but not a strict requirement (Kd determination by Octet, thermal stability measurements, long-term stability assays, protein ELISAs, western blots, dot blots, in-cell western assays, SEC-MALS)
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual cash bonus, long-term incentives (equity), Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and a 401(k) with ROTH and a 4.5% Company match.
To ensure the wellness of our employees and their loved ones, we offer comprehensive health plans (medical, dental, vision, etc.), Flexible Health and Commuter Spending Accounts (FSA) and a company matched Health Savings Account (HSA). We also offer a life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal, pet, and various other voluntary insurance programs.
We also believe our greatest ideas come when we are refreshed and focused, and we offer generous paid time-off including 12 company holidays with end-of-year shutdown, vacation, sick time, and paid parental leave.
At Adicet, our people are our greatest focus. We believe that attracting and retaining the best and brightest is the key to achieving our mission to deliver best-in-class gamma delta T cell therapies for patients fighting cancer.
Adicet is located in a state-of-the-art facility and works to create an incredible office experience with an onsite gym and various other fitness options, abundant, zero-cost, onsite parking with electric vehicle charging stations and free shuttle (Caltrain), company subsidized lunches (delivered onsite daily) and fully stocked breakrooms.
In compliance with California’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open positions. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, their qualifications (education, experience, specialty, and training), and peer and market data. This listed salary range represents the Company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.