Associate Director / Sr. Manager Environmental Health & Safety (EHS Leader) (Contract)
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and adaptors (CAds), to enhance selective tumor targeting and facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.adicetbio.com.
Associate Director / Sr. Manager Environmental Health & Safety (EHS Leader)
The Associate Director / Sr. Manager EHS is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a demonstrated advanced knowledge of environmental health & safety practices, and procedures. An EHS professional who applies established EHS principles, practices, regulations and internal standards, interacts with customers and is solutions-minded in driving the EHS program forward. Manages and implements environmental health and safety (EH&S) programs which include hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
This role is a key position for Adicet and the successful candidate will significantly impact and inform our bioprocesses used to produce engineered toxin bodies. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for you to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts and to be challenged and lead positive change.
- Uphold Adicet Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Implement policy and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, CA, regional, and local laws and for the reduction of EH&S liabilities and maintains the department's quality assurance programs.
- Design, Build, and Lead the EHS program for all Adicet R&D, clinical manufacturing and administrative sites
- Chair the Adicet Safety Committees across all sites ensuring a consistent and vibrant culture of safety
- Acts as administrative liaison for all EH&S regulatory agency inspections and surveys, including EPA, DOHS, OSHA & Cal OSHA, and Local and State Fire Marshalls
- Ensure systems are in place to enable area of responsibility to operate in legal and ethical compliance with EHS regulations
- Communicates strategies, priorities and recommends corrective actions to facility leadership, department managers and employees
- Direct the efforts of EHS specialists and consultants
- Leads the development and continuous improvement of EHS procedures and standards
- Responsible for the delivery of New Hire and Contractor Safety Training Programs
- Responsible for defining, reporting and achieving all EHS targets and KPI
- Leads other professionals and management in the application of standard EHS theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Applies standard EHS principles and methodologies to interpret, draw conclusions, and recommend options for defined problems
- Assures conformance to OHSA regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Initiates and cultivates open, professional relationships with stakeholders by establishing rapport and developing an understanding of others’ needs and common goals
- Remains current on applicable EHS regulations through regular professional development
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in EHS, Occupational Health, Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
- Minimum of 7 years in EHS related experience within manufacturing or R&D environments, required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated success in independent judgment, technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others in a cGMP environment
- Demonstrated working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations
- Experience in Risk Assessments & Job Hazard Analysis for biologics and pharmaceuticals
- Demonstrated effective cross-functional communication.
- Technical expertise in the EHS functions as well as technical writing and business communication skills
- Skill in listening to and understanding others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentation
- Interacts well with diverse groups and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences
- Ability to work well with other technical staff and scientist/engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment
At Adicet, our people are our greatest focus. We believe that attracting and retaining the best and brightest is the key to achieving our mission to deliver best-in-class gamma delta T cell therapies for patients fighting cancer.
Adicet is located in a state-of-the-art facility and works to create an incredible office experience with an onsite gym and various other fitness options, abundant, zero-cost, onsite parking with electric vehicle charging stations and free shuttle (Caltrain), company subsidized lunches (delivered onsite daily) and fully stocked breakrooms.
In compliance with California’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open positions. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, their qualifications (education, experience, specialty, and training), and peer and market data. This listed salary range represents the Company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.