Scientist / Senior Scientist - iPSC Differentiation
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and adaptors (CAds), to enhance selective tumor targeting and facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.adicetbio.com.
SCIENTIST / SENIOR SCIENTIST – iPSC Differentiation
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist / Senior Scientist with a strong background in T cell biology and iPSCs to join our iPSC and Cell Engineering Team. The successful candidate will be part of a cross-disciplinary team responsible for exploring novel pursuits across the iPSC and Cell Engineering landscape. Focused activities will include developing a process differentiating iPSCs into T cells and characterizing differentiated cells. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for integration and rigorous characterization of novel cell engineering technologies to enhance gamma delta T cell effector functions.
- Independently design and execute studies to develop methods for iPSC differentiation into functional T cells.
- Develop assays to characterize the molecular and functional phenotype of iPSC-derived T cells.
- Scale up differentiated cells, develop SOPs and work closely with CMC teams.
- Investigate novel cell engineering technologies to functionally enhance the efficacy of gamma delta T cells.
- Develop a process to knock in and knock out genes in iPSC lines.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and summarize and present key findings to drive critical decision making.
- Collaborate across functional groups, manage multiple projects while adhering to timelines.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, stem cells or related field with a minimum of 3+ years of post-doctoral or industry experience.
- Experience in iPSC cell culture and 2D/3D cell culture differentiation techniques including T cell differentiation.
- Strong background in T cell biology including differentiation, activation pathways, and effector mechanisms.
- Knowledge and experience with iPSC reprogramming.
- Experience with viral and non-viral gene editing techniques in iPSCs and primary T cells.
- Expertise with molecular and cell-based assays to expand and characterize iPSCs and T cells including, but not limited to, single cell printing, clone selection, PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, sequencing, multiparameter flow cytometry, immunofluorescence imaging, cytokine release assays and cytotoxicity assays.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, innovative mindset, and focused; able to collaborate with colleagues to accomplish project goals.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual cash bonus, long-term incentives (equity), Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and a 401(k) with ROTH and a 4.5% Company match.
To ensure the wellness of our employees and their loved ones, we offer comprehensive health plans (medical, dental, vision, etc.), Flexible Health and Commuter Spending Accounts (FSA) and a company matched Health Savings Account (HSA). We also offer a life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal, pet, and various other voluntary insurance programs.
We also believe our greatest ideas come when we are refreshed and focused, and we offer generous paid time-off including 12 company holidays with end-of-year shutdown, vacation, sick time, and paid parental leave.
At Adicet, our people are our greatest focus. We believe that attracting and retaining the best and brightest is the key to achieving our mission to deliver best-in-class gamma delta T cell therapies for patients fighting cancer.
Adicet is located in a state-of-the-art facility and works to create an incredible office experience with an onsite gym and various other fitness options, abundant, zero-cost, onsite parking with electric vehicle charging stations and free shuttle (Caltrain), company subsidized lunches (delivered onsite daily) and fully stocked breakrooms.
In compliance with California’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open positions. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, their qualifications (education, experience, specialty, and training), and peer and market data. This listed salary range represents the Company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.