Scientist, Upstream Viral Vector
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and adaptors (CAds), to enhance selective tumor targeting and facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.adicetbio.com.
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST / SCIENTIST, UPSTREAM VIRAL VECTOR GROUP
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking individuals for our viral vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of a highly motivated team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a strong background in mammalian cell bioreactor development to join our upstream viral vector team. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s production platform by developing, characterizing, and optimizing vector production procedures designed to support both research and manufacturing pipelines.
The individual will serve as a program specialist reporting to the Upstream Vector team leader. Working in collaboration with other junior scientists, as well as the Downstream and Analytical vector teams, this individual will be responsible for translation of research processes into scalable platforms for generation of viral vectors using suspension-based bioreactor cultures. This individual will also work with other Technical Operations teams, and external groups, to meet project timelines and deliver a consistent and robust viral vector production program.
- Design experimental approaches to optimize cell growth and viral vector yield from mammalian suspension cultures.
- Set-up and operation of benchtop and large scale (> 50L) bioreactors designed to meet experimental goals designed to expand and improve upstream culturing capabilities.
- Serve as an SME for bioreactor operation, applications, and data interpretation when communicating with external groups.
- Drafting and editing of standard operating procedures, sampling plans, technical documents, and batch records for developmental and tech transfer purposes.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
Upstream Viral Vector Development - Qualifications:
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Candidate with a background in biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, cell & molecular biology, or related life science field is required. Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with 2+ years or 4+ years post-graduate experience, respectively.
- Considerable direct experience with mammalian cell culture and parameter optimization utilizing suspension-based bioreactor systems is required.
- Familiarity with current principles and technical platforms for monitoring cell growth profile and metabolic profile, etc is expected.
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs
- Candidates having prior experience in viral vector production applications will be given strongest preference.
- Experience in working in a BSL-2 environment is strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience with various liquid handling or perfusion filtration systems is strongly desired.
- Experience with media formulation optimization is desirable.
- Previous experience conducting technology transfers to external CMOs or adapting client-derived upstream process as a part of a CMO is desirable.
- Candidates who have experience with experimental design programs (JMP, Design-Expert, etc.) will be given preference.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual cash bonus, long-term incentives (equity), Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and a 401(k) with ROTH and a 4.5% Company match.
To ensure the wellness of our employees and their loved ones, we offer comprehensive health plans (medical, dental, vision, etc.), Flexible Health and Commuter Spending Accounts (FSA) and a company matched Health Savings Account (HSA). We also offer a life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal, pet, and various other voluntary insurance programs.
We also believe our greatest ideas come when we are refreshed and focused, and we offer generous paid time-off including 12 company holidays with end-of-year shutdown, vacation, sick time, and paid parental leave.
At Adicet, our people are our greatest focus. We believe that attracting and retaining the best and brightest is the key to achieving our mission to deliver best-in-class gamma delta T cell therapies for patients fighting cancer.
Adicet is located in a state-of-the-art facility and works to create an incredible office experience with an onsite gym and various other fitness options, abundant, zero-cost, onsite parking with electric vehicle charging stations and free shuttle (Caltrain), company subsidized lunches (delivered onsite daily) and fully stocked breakrooms.
In compliance with California’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open positions. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, their qualifications (education, experience, specialty, and training), and peer and market data. This listed salary range represents the Company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.